I hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving and a lovely weekend. As promised, I have enclosed two recipes this week. First, I will be sharing the recipe for the Cran- Raspberry Sauce that I made for Thanksgiving. Second, I will be sharing my recipe for Cran- Raspberry meringues, because who doesn’t love a good Thanksgiving leftover recipe?!
Wishing you happy holidays,
Love and Sunshine
Cran- Raspberry Sauce:
1 bag Cranberries (rinsed)
1 cup fresh Raspberries
1 cup Sugar
½ cup Orange Juice
Pinch of cinnamon
- Dissolve sugar in water and orange juice over medium heat.
- Once sugar is dissolved, add in cranberries and continue to cook until the cranberries have fully popped (approximately 15 minutes), while stirring frequently.
- Remove from the cranberries from the heat. When the cranberries have cooled, mash the fresh raspberries with a fork. Then add the raspberries with a pinch of cinnamon to the cranberries. Stir and serve.
Cran- Raspberry Meringues:
4 Egg Whites (room temperature)
1 Cup Sugar
½ Cup of pureed Cran – Raspberry Sauce (recipe above)
¼ Tsp Cream of Tartar
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper or butter.
- In a large bowl beat room temperature egg whites and cream of tartar with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Mix in sugar (one tbsp at a time), mixing thoroughly after each addition.
- Fold in the pureed Cran- Raspberry sauce with a large spoon (careful not to over mix!).
- Gently spoon the meringue mixture into equal rounds onto your baking sheet.
- Bake at 200 degrees for 90 minutes or until meringues are dry and crisp but still light in color. Wait until cookies are completely cooled before removing them from baking sheet.